Home Forums Sales and Trades Lefever C 1885 Ten Gauge two-barrel set

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Tim Carney
      Participant

For sale is a Lefever C grade 10 gauge thumb push shotgun s/n 93XX with 2-7/8 chambers, extractors, bushed strikers and an extra pair of barrels, likely factory-fitted “E” grade.

Keith Kearcher rebrowned the damascus barrels; lifted one large dent and some small ones; repaired the forend tip; and did a butt stock transplant that brought the LOP to 14-5/8, adding a repro butt plate. Case is after market with repro label.

The original 30-inch barrels are oversize at .800 and are about modified and full with wall thickness 45-50 thou. Shorter barrels are .790 and choked cylinder and modified with a spot at 25 thou about 12 inches from the muzzle. The gun weighs just under 9 lbs with the longer barrels, and 8.3 lbs with the shorter barrels.

Can’t figure out posting pix here please PM for pix.

Price $3,950.

Regards, Tim

Tim Carney
      Participant

Photos of my Lefever C ten gauge 2-barrel set.

Regards, Tim Carney

Lefever C 10 gauge

Mike Koneski
      Participant

You’re killing me here!!!!! If this is available later in the year I may be able to “pull the trigger”!! I am looking for a Lefever 10. PM me if you are interested in a trade.

Tim Carney
      Participant

Sent you a PM, Mike.

Regards, Tim

Tim Carney
      Participant

Basically, Mike, I am in the process of divesting various firearm and other holdings.  Imagine that the Lefever will be available later this year.  Having said all that, let me know what you have in mind for a trade.

Regards, Tim

Mike Koneski
      Participant

I have a Fox CE that was redone by Brad Bachelder and Mark Beasland. Beautiful piece of wood and case coloring. Choked LM/LM in Fox full taper chokes. Gun is very nice and an excellent shooter. I can send pics if interested.

Tim Carney
        Participant

Do not believe so, Mike, although the gun sounds stellar.  Stay in touch and we’ll see what’s what with the Lefever 10 gauge.

Regards, Tim

Shawn K Wayment DVM
      Participant

Sure is purty!!

Tim Carney
      Participant

Thanks, Shawn. Taken a few more than several Canadas with it.

Regards, Tim

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.